What We Offer
With campuses at Lismore and Grafton, and teaching and accommodation hubs in Ballina, Maclean and Casino, the UCRH supports students undertaking clinical placements in our region.
We deliver a high-quality, distinctive and supportive education and student placement program designed to build an effective health workforce, committed to the health needs of rural communities throughout Australia.
Our services include:
- Assisting with placements in the Northern Rivers region
- A regional health orientation
- Subsidised accommodation for eligible students
- Access to after-hours study facilities with computers, internet, printer, library, lounge and kitchen
- Practical information and personal support before and during placements
- Cultural awareness training with Aboriginal Educators
- Social support, wellbeing activities and events
- Inter-professional learning opportunities
- Tutorials, workshops, and simulations to enhance your university’s education program
- Videoconferencing to your university’s lectures and tutorials
- Service learning projects.
We recognise that taking the stress out of organising clinical placements helps you maximise your learning on placement. Most of our support is offered free of charge to students.
Who We Support
UCRH supports students from all health disciplines, including but not exclusively:
Diagnostic Radiology, Radiation Therapy and Nuclear Medicine
Nutrition and Dietetics
Podiatry and Pedorthics
Support is restricted to Australian domestic students who are enrolled in a Bachelor or higher level degree program.
For more information on our locations, please view our student placement guides:
Placement Registration (for support and accommodation)
To access our services, including accommodation availability please register your placement. A staff member will be in touch soon after. For more information about this process, please see Register Your Placement